Welcome

Welcome to my music blog about all things rock. I'm just an average fan who LOVES rock music and will bore you to death with the details to prove it. I'll bring you my thoughts on the latest rock news and trends. Plus, you'll hear all about my escapades from the road as I travel to great live shows across the country. So read up and rock on!

Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year. New Ideas.

Happy New Year, folks! I hope you all had a rockin’ holiday season! Personally, I’m gearing up for the New Year and have been inspired to try some new things around the Rocker by Night blog.

First and foremost, I wanted to tackle the problem of regularity. No, I’m not talking about the need to increase one’s fiber intake. (Get your mind out of the gutter, or toilet as it may be.) As you’ve undoubtedly heard me complain about time and time again, my hometown just doesn’t get a lot of rock concerts. No modern rock radio station = no one to promote said shows. And if there isn’t anyone to promote it, then tickets don’t sell.

So I started thinking about all of the resources that I do have. I go to a lot of shows, some of which I don’t post about because they aren’t really modern rock bands, or I’ve already posted about the band before. Either way, this gives me additional items to pull from. So starting right now, I’m beginning the Music Monday (#MusicMonday for you Twitter followers)Photo of the Week.

Sometimes it will be one of my own photos, but it could also be from some of my favorite rock photogs, including you! Let me know if you have a photo you want me to check out. No need to be a professional. Some of the best shots have been taken by amateurs with the most basic of cameras.

So what’s this week’s selected photo? It just happens to be one of my personal favorites from last year. This photo of P.O.D. was taken during the 2011 Epicenter Festival in Anaheim, California. The band headlined the Monster Energy Drink Stage and had fans backed up as far as the eye could see. Apparently everyone wanted to catch the P.O.D. show rather than move over to the first act on the main stage. I even caught a glimpse of the guys from Buckcherry and Asking Alexandria walking through the crowd, obviously intent on seeing some of this veteran band’s performances first hand. Good times!


Click here to view all of my P.O.D. photos and more from last year's Epicenter Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment