Welcome

Welcome to my music blog about all things rock. I'm just an average fan who LOVES rock music and will bore you to death with the details to prove it. I'll bring you my thoughts on the latest rock news and trends. Plus, you'll hear all about my escapades from the road as I travel to great live shows across the country. So read up and rock on!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Styx does it again in the Big Easy

Styx open up their 2012 concert dates with a show at the House of Blues in New Orleans, LA

The more things change, they more they stay the same. While we may be getting less and less rock concerts in my hometown of Memphis, I can always count on classic rock band Styx to at least come close (and for the record, they not only played Memphis late last year, but they filmed their latest live DVD at the historic Orpheum Theater. Still bummed that I was on a business trip while that took place.)

Last weekend I loaded up the car to visit one of my favorite bands in one of my favorite cities in the world... New Orleans. After traipsing around the French Quarter on foot all day, I finally made my way to the House of Blues where the band put on a stellar show that evening. It was their first night back on the road in 2012, after having several weeks off for the holidays. And the guys didn't dissapoint, bringing a rapture of energy that transended all in attendance.


Original band member and bassist Chuck Panozzo was also in attendance, making his appearance on stage toward the end of their set to help out with a few songs. On a personal note, I even got to play Tommy Shaw's guitar during "Come Sail Away," as he leaned precariously over the ledge of the stage and I attempted to grow an extra inch just so that we could reach each other. I'm just glad they turned down the sound on his guitar, because my playing was atrocious.


Want to check out all of my pictures? Click here to view my Flickr account.

No comments:

Post a Comment